Petitioning for conservatorship requires proving to the court that the proposed conservatee lacks the ability to manage his or her affairs. Includes all standard documents from Summons and Petition through Judgment based on parties signing a drafted Marital Settlement Agreement (does not address any separate or community real property. We are not attorneys and cannot select legal forms. You will need to use these forms when you file your case. The conservatee need only tell the court that he or she would like to contest the conservatorship or wants an attorney. The ward or conservatee, the spouse of the ward or the spouse or domestic partner of the conservatee, any relative or friend of the ward or conservatee, or any interested person may apply by petition to the court to have the guardian or conservator removed. (The Public Administrator is charged with investigating and administering the estates of persons who die with no will, or without an appropriate person willing or able to act as an administrator.) If a conservator is removed, or if for any other reason a vacancy occurs in the office of conservator, the court may appoint a successor conservator. Plus, they're conducted in probate court. Probate primarily involves decedents' estates, trusts, guardianship of minors, and conservatorship of adults who are unable to provide for their personal needs or manage their financial resources. Under a Probate Conservatorship, the conservator may not place the conservatee into a locked mental institution against his or her will. We can help you complete and file all the probate conservatorship forms to get a California probate conservatorship.